Saturday, July 31, 2004

Self - aim at foot - fire at will!

One more reason why I have no sympathy for the Music Industry:

I listen to the music channels on Shaw Digital from time to time - some of their offerings are pretty good and you get to hear some music you surely would not hear on radio (at least not commercial radio). Once in a while, I hear something I like and want to know who / what it is, but wasn't paying attention to the TV screen when the name is displayed.

So I wrote an email to the people at Galaxie: "This is just a suggestion, but I often find it frustrating trying to figure out who I was listening to on your channels a few minutes ago. I can always check what's playing now, but not 10 minutes ago. It would be nice if we could view an official track list on a web site."

Here's the answer I got: "We cannot provide you with a playlist as Galaxie has an arrangement with the Music Industry not to provide such a list in order to discourage piracy."

(Later that day...at HMV)
Hi........ummm..........I heard this cool tune on digital cable earlier today, but I have no idea who it is or what it's called.............can you help me find it so I can buy it?

1 comment:

tim gueguen said...

Hmmm, they think it will encourage piracy if they tell you what they play. Right. Some real geniuses working for the big record companies.