Monday, August 23, 2004

I swear it really happened!

The mind is a very powerful instrument and so is our imagination. Years ago, I recall reminiscing with my family about things that happened when I was a kid. While we all got a laugh out of some of the stories, there was one incident in particular that prompted an unusual reaction. They argued that this scenario I was recounting never happened. I looked at them as if they were crazy and they were looking back at me the same way. They made it clear that no such event took place and over time they backed up this assertion with comments from other family members who played a role in my memory of the adventure. I found this odd, because I remember it so vividly.

Many years passed and I finally came to the conclusion that I must have dreamt the whole thing. How bizarre that something that only occurred in a dream could leave such a strong impression as to be mistaken for fact. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

No comments: