Monday, September 20, 2004

Safeway torture

There's this song they play on the Safeway sound system. I have no idea what it's called , but I suspect it's "Rollin'" or something, because the guy in the song keeps saying it over and over again. You'd recognize it if you heard it - it's got whistling and sax in it and a guy that's trying (and failing miserably) to sound like Elvis.

Anyway, I must have RFID tags buried in my clothes, because like clockwork, almost every time I walk into a Safeway store, that freaking song starts to play. It happended yet again today and Darlene and I just look at each other and start cracking up. Of course, nobody in the store has any clue why we're laughing, so we look like a bunch of lunatics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karl,

I hear what yer saying, every freakin' time I step thought those sliding doors, there's that song AGAIN.

It's actually called "The Stroll", the Diamonds (I Think) recorded it 1st in 1957.

Here are the lyrics:

Come, let's stroll
Stroll across the floor
Come, let's stro-oh-oh-oll
Stroll across the floor
Now turn around, baby
Let's stroll once more

Feel so good
Take me by my hand
I feel so goo-ooh-ooh-ood
Take me by my hand
And let's go strolling
In wonderland

Strollin', , strollin' aah-huh-uh
Rock and ro-uh-oh-oh-oh-oh-llin'
Strollin'
Well rock my so-oul
How I love to stroll

There's my love
Strolling in the door
There's my lo-o-o-ove
Strolling in the door
Baby, let's go strolling
By the candy store

Anyway, my 2 cents.
Cheers!
Jeff (CA5)

Karl Plesz said...

I don't know what's scarier Jeff - the fact that it happens to you too, or the fact that you found the lyrics to the song to torment me some more...

Anonymous said...

Well Karl,

This is the music of my parents generation. This is the type of music I used to hear ALOT as a kid, explains a little more about me now, doesn't it?

Keep on "strollin'" :)
J.