Monday, November 29, 2004

Why bother?

You know, I try to do my part to save energy - which in turn saves money. I'm always making faces whenever Darlene decides to turn the heat back up a degree or two (I mean after all, I'm not cold...). I'm all for sharing the bath water. I could go into more detail, but things could get personal - and that would be gross. I do my part, dammit!

Well, our Atco gas bill came in today and I start reading the 'tips for saving energy' part. It concludes with the following statement: "Putting on a sweater and turning the thermostat down 2 degrees could save you up to 4% on your bill." Darlene says, "What does that work out to?"

"Ummm, $2.48"

"What!!!?? You want me to freeze my ass off to save money that's not even enough to pay for a coffee at Starbucks?"

Thanks Atco..........thanks for helping me make my point...........NOT!!

No comments: