Saturday, April 23, 2005

Big bank boneheads

My mood was tested today. First, it seems Darlene and I didn't notice we were putting money in the wrong parking meter. Don't ask, I have no idea how we pulled that off, suffice to say we returned to a car with a ticket on the windshield. Eager to put this embarrassment behind us, we went straight to the nearest bank, a TD/Canada Trust, to pay the ticket. Well, they wouldn't let me pay it because I didn't have an account there. Oh that's right - the ticket did say "payable at most chartered banks". Just not any bank. This is the same brand of bank that once wouldn't take our rolled pennies for the same reason. TD/Canada Trust - if you don't have an account with us, we'll do everything to keep it that way....

But I'm still smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big banks are crooks... Anyplace you go...