Saturday, April 30, 2005

I can hear the whining already

I am beginning to understand what getting older does to the body and mind now. Aches and pains that come and go for no logical reason. Memory beginning to fail. Lessening interest in loud music. Increased desire to wear black knee-high socks with shorts......

But it's the aches and pains of the aging body that really mess with your psyche. You may ask yourself, "Am I having a heart attack!?" "Is that gangrene on my foot - is it going to fall off?" No, doofus, you're just getting older.

I wonder how this soft, new generation is going to handle all this when they get to my age. I can hear the whining already........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well how old are ya? I'm fourty four, and I can vouch for having aches and pains in places I didn't know were there... On top of having Congestive Heart Failure... Mick Jagger was right "what a drag it is getting old" lol!

Karl Plesz said...

Will be 45 soon.

Anonymous said...

wow....time flies, huh? If you're going to be 45,that means I'll be...gasp! 35!!!

heidi

Karl Plesz said...

Geez, did I say 45? See, now I can't even add properly. I meant to say 44. God damn! Gettin' ahead of myself....

Anonymous said...

The first thing to go is the mind..... he he

Jeff, CA5