Tuesday, June 21, 2005

In the movie doghouse

So, it had been a while since renting any movies from the local "this business is so lucrative, it's like a license to print money" shop, so I decided to go pick 4 titles and make it a movie weekend. Let's just say I won't be allowed to pick the next round of movies if Darlene has anything to say about it.

Primer - If you gauge a movie by the number of tears, explosions or bare breasts that appear, this movie will disappoint. It's a brain twister, nothing more. I like brainer twisters, and this one was too intense even for me. Needless to say, in Darlene's eyes, I was 0 for 1.

Meet the Fokkers - I thought it was cute. Unfortunately, there is now an active ban on movies starring, or written by Ben Stiller in our house. 0 for 2.

Be Cool - It may not be that this movie really sucked - it was probably the peer pressure I was feeling not wanting to go 0 for 3, but I stopped this movie 25 minutes in. I don't think I missed much.

National Treasure - Not bad. Not bad at all. Darlene's synopsis: "Too much like the plotline for the DaVinci Code". Fair enough. Bring on the DaVinci Code then.


Final score: 1 for 3, one movie disqualified for not holding our interest.

No comments: