Monday, July 11, 2005

My stereo won't speak to me now.....


I stopped into one of the local HMV music shops and bought a pair of music DVDs on sale. The first one "Inside Classic Albums - Fleetwood Mac Rumours" was one I had been looking forward to seeing in its entirety. It was pretty good.

Then I opened the second DVD, "ELO - Out of the Blue Tour Live". That was without question the most awful DVD I've ever had the misfortune of watching. I gave up after 3 songs. The sound was lower fidelity than the AM radio in my dad's old 70's vintage Valiant. The band was actually lip-synching most of the songs and the backing orchestral track was laughable. I've rarely been so insulted. I like ELO and was really looking forward to seeing what they were like in concert (having never seen them myself). Now I think I'm glad I didn't - unless the DVD was a really poor representation of what they were like live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I would try to take it back. If there was no info on the box of that suggested they were "faking it" or if it was DTS (or not), you should be able to return it. Try it just for fun anyway :)

I mean it's not like you bought a Britney Spears DVD, LOL!!!

Jeff, CA5

Anonymous said...

BTW, HVM sux anyway. Long live A&B Sound!!!!

Jeff