Saturday, August 20, 2005

Two minds not better than one...

The way we look at getting older is all wrong. For example - as you age, you seemingly lose control over your bodily functions. Just a week or so ago, I recall sitting down to a nice hot cup of tea only to reach for it and inexplicably knock it over - spilling the whole thing on my desk and myself. Easy to explain you say? I'm just losing control of my motor functions? Or perhaps experiencing a muscle spasm? That's what the medical community would have you think. But I have a different theory.

As we age, we develop a second personality that shares the same brain. It's a personality so subtly different that we don't even recognize it as being separate. But this mental boarder sure knows how to mess things up for us. The tea episode? That was just my split personality having a little fun. That time I spun around and caught my funny bone on the doorjamb? You know who. Difficulty remembering stuff? Mr/Mrs alter ego wasn't around to remember that event - ergo as long as he/she is in control, practically anything goes. Mid-life crisis? That's just your 'other self' expressing itself. You can't be blamed for that - at least not 'all' of you. Hard of hearing? You'd be too if your cerebral tenant kept yelling "la-la-la-la" all the time.

Before you dismiss the idea, just remember that your split personality wouldn't want you to agree with me...........now would it? (Geez! Go ahead and tell the whole world why dontcha!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now we know why you are who you are some time !

Karl Plesz said...

"Now we know why....."? See what I mean? Shouldn't that be now I know? I rest my case.....

Anonymous said...

We were just following your idea, we did not want to confuse either one of you.

maxflex