Monday, September 19, 2005

Dah'ling I love you but give me Park Avenue...

I know these days it's totally uncool to watch awards shows like the Emmys. But I'll use my like of Ellen DeGeneres as the excuse this time. Well, surprise, surprise - they actual pulled off some funny stuff on last night's show. The highlight being "Emmy Idol", where classic TV show themes were sung by (in some cases) unlikely artists. Fame was done by some chick from Veronica Mars (don't watch the show - sorry); Jeffersons' "Movin' on Up" by Gary Dourdan from CSI and Macy Gray; Star Trek with the familiar intro by Bill Shatner and the wah- ahhhhhh- ahhh- ahhh- ahhh- ahhh- ahhhhh by opera singer Frederica von Stade. But the couple that stole the contest was Donald Trump (dressed in overalls) with Megan Mullally (and her delightfully squeeky voice) from Will & Grace doing the Green Acres theme. Classic.

No comments: