Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A night of laughter

Last night Darlene and I went to see Ron James in concert. He was being filmed for a CBC appearance that will likely air later this year. OMG he was freakin' hilarious! I've always liked his material and last night the theme was Western Canada. Nobody was safe. It was a 90 minute laugh-fest. Here's an excerpt (paraphrased from memory, of course):

"Of course I drive an SUV. But I still try to do my part in the 'One ton challenge'. I yell at the kids to turn the lights off in the basement when they're not down there, but my threats seem ineffective. So I have a new threat. Turn the lights off, or I'm trading in the Four-Runner for a Smart Car. Smart car..........if it's so smart, why does it make you look so stupid?! Did you get a nice big red nose to go with that car?"

No comments: