Saturday, October 08, 2005

If clues were shoes.......

Sometimes I put up with a lot. Last night, a kid kept calling on the phone, asking for (mumble). Not recognizing the name, I of course informed him that he had the wrong number. But he kept calling back a few times over the course of a few hours, and not always from the same number. Darlene was convinced the kid was harrassing us - I wasn't. It sounded like he was confused by the fact this (mumble) person wasn't at our number, asserting, "I talked to him earlier - this is the number!" Finally, I asked this loser to spell the name of the person. After assuring 'marble mouth' that nobody by that name was at this number, I hung up and looked the name up online. Numbskull had reversed the middle two digits of the last four numbers. So I called back and educated the young-un on the fine art of taking a number down. IDIOT!!

No comments: