Sunday, October 30, 2005

Imagine this....

I got some Internet access so I had to post.

Caught up with some of Darlene's family in Kincardine Ontario, along Lake Huron. My brother-in-law James had already arrived earlier in the day and was bragging about the great burger he had at a Kincardine pub. But he mentioned the burger had come without the advertised bacon, mushrooms and cheese. We all decided to try the pub for supper and tempting fate, he ordered the same burger again. I looked at the menu and joked that I had figured out why he had a problem getting the burger made properly the first time. It said "Imagine bacon, mushrooms and Swiss cheese on a one pound......" I said, "There's your problem - you're supposed to 'imagine' the bacon etc." He didn't really find that funny. I laughed even harder when the burger came without any bacon. Incidentally, Darlene's garlic bread with cheese came with bacon, which she never asked for. I said to James,"Well, there's your bacon.........."

No comments: