Saturday, March 18, 2006

At long last - I have found thee.......

I've owned a laptop for 2.5 years, but never got around to buying a proper case for it. It was never really a problem, I rarely take it anywhere (go figure), and the hand-me-down leather bag a co-worker gave me sort of did the job. So I thought it was time to get laptop a jacket. I was very fussy. One of the things I don't like about most laptop cases is that they try to be too much. I don't want places to put papers and discs and business cards and staplers. I want a nice, padded case for the laptop and enough room for the mouse and pad, AC adapter / cord, a Cat 5 network cable and the Wireless G PC-Card. That's it.

I found the perfect case. It's soft, but well padded. It sits vertically, so you place the laptop in sideways from the top. There are 4 zippered pouches around the outside edge, 2 on the top corners and 2 on the sides. They are the perfect size for the things I mentioned. No more, no less. The only thing I found lacking is a handle for carrying in your hand, but the shoulder carry is comfortable, considering how small the case is. Quaint Army green colour. $60 at Best Buy. (Canada)

No comments: