Thursday, March 16, 2006

Map geek

I must not be an average male, because I usually don't stubbornly neglect to ask for directions when I'm lost. In fact, I think my unnatural fascination with maps has led to a practise of always checking out where I'm going on a map before venturing to a new destination - even if it's in my own city. Heck, before Darlene and I went to Newport Beach last summer, I had the place scoped out via Google Maps' satellite photos. I knew I was getting near the hotel even before I had it in sight. I can honestly say I have spent at the very least, 20 minutes a week gawking at Google Maps. If I'm preparing for a trip - up that to at least 90 minutes a week. Is that normal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems perfectly normal to me. Thats if you dont want to get lost I guess...

JM

Anonymous said...

Karl what You should try is one of the route programs like map quest you type in the two addresses and it gives you turn by turn directions for your trip. then you can download the directions to your Tungsten E and your navigator aka Darlene can tell you where to go. I use it when ever I go to a new client ,for charging mileage it works great.

Dvd