Sunday, March 19, 2006

MTV? Much? Whatever...............

Recently I've been seeing TV ads heralding the coming of MTV (To Canada? To regular cable? To your local cellular provider?). "The drought ends 21.03.06" All I can say is whoopdie-friggin'-do! Hear me now or listen to me later - the video channels have devolved into nothing more than a medium for cell phone advertising and acne cream. Puh-lease! Listen up Moses Znaimer. I don't want contests. I don't want movies or musicals about Elvis. No game shows. No VJ competitions. No reality shows about fans becoming their idol for a day. No cooking tips. No Top 10 countdown of the same stuff we just finished showing you in the last 30 minutes. No awards shows.

Just put together the kind of avante-garde music channel that showcases the music. 24 hours a day of non-stop, not-fit-for-pop-radio, new music, electronica, soul, jazz, alternative rock, classic rock, ambient, funk..... Life altering MUSIC! [waving hands frantically in the air above my head]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new MTV isn't allowed to play videos. It's all gonna be talk TV...

To fuel the fire...

Joey