Thursday, July 27, 2006

Firsts

I'm starting a new meme. OK - I stole a meme idea and am tweaking it in a major way. My answers are factual as far as I can remember. Feel free to put your own answers in the comments or link to answers on your own blog if applicable.

1st book: The City of Gold and Lead by John Christopher.
1st movie you saw in the theatre: Swiss Family Robinson.
1st car you ever rode in: My Dad's Volkswagen Beetle. This would have been mid 60's.
1st dessert you enjoyed: My Oma's honey cake. I liked it so much, she used to have to hide it in the drawer of her sewing machine table. I still found it.
1st pet: A beagle named Spot. My mother tells me I didn't really like it much.
1st house you lived in: I lived with my Opa and Oma from 1961 til 1964 on Meunier St in St Laurent. The posted pic is about 3 blocks from the place.
1st alcoholic drink you ever tried: Vermouth.
1st full-time job: Stockperson in a music distributor company (Millbank/Discus).
1st vehicle ever owned (anything with a motor counts - but you had to own it): A 1979 Honda 185 Twinstar motorcycle.
1st time on an airliner: 1979 Montreal to Halifax - I was 18, on my way to military boot camp.
1st roomate: Dan Perry.
1st concert: Queen.
1st stereo: a Toshiba ghetto blaster - it's use led to a ticket for disturbing the peace.
1st trip to another country across an ocean: Verden, Germany - 1982.

No comments: