Thursday, August 24, 2006

T'was the perfect day for a prank

I decided to have some fun at work today. A colleague came to me and asked if I had noticed a certain poster in the building. The poster is quite large and has a photo of a senior staff member posing with their earned award, surrounded by a small group of company executives. Much to the chagrin (I'm sure) of the award recipient, the photo was taken with said recipient having the kind of expression on their face that signifies disinterest, or disconnectedness. It has often come up in conversation around work about the look this poor soul has on their face and "couldn't they have taken a better snapshot?"

Well, on my colleague's suggestion, I set out to rectify the situation. I went back to my desk and made a hand-drawn red hat - like the kind you see (pictured above) on those television commercials from Arby's. "I'm thinking Arby's". Yeah........ that hat. I cut the hat out and strategically placed it over the head of the guy in the poster to see if it was appropriate. It was bloody perfect. But I was chickening out. Luckily, a good friend took matters out of my hands and taped the hat over top of the person's head in the poster. It attracted a lot of people over the course of the day. The best part was when the subject in the photo came by and laughed. Fantastic! The guy has a sense of humour.

No comments: