Monday, August 28, 2006

Wow................that sucked!

Every year I watch the Academy Awards. And the Emmys. Yeah....... I'm a sheep, what can I say. I like to see my fave actors ham it up a little and hear them thank that high school drama teacher who gave them the secret to being the best they can be. But last night's show was plain awful. Host - not funny. Presenters' monologues - less funny. Speeches - cut short before any real emotion could be displayed. So - call me a rebel, but I think the era of watching awards shows in our house is over. It's become so canned and contrived now.

I have an idea though. I hear the after-awards parties are the real big event. Maybe they should sneak some cameras into those suckers and secretly record our favourite stars making asses of themselves. Then we could watch them get drunk. That could be some fun TV.........

No comments: