Saturday, September 23, 2006

Am I getting too picky in my old age?

My acting teacher told us that we should wear loose, comfortable clothing to class from now on. So I figured track pants would be prudent. I do not own a pair of track pants anymore, due to a wardrobe malfunction - so it was off to track pants shopping. You'd think buying a pair of track pants would be an easy task. I was not prepared at all. First off, the heavy cotton style pants with the elasticized hem(?) look as hobo-ish as ever. I was trying to avoid that style like the plague. But the only other style that seemed to be available were the polyester "pimp daddy" shiny style with the legs 6" too long and the bell bottoms big enough to fit over army arctic mukluks. They looked awful. Plus I swore I would never wear polyester pants as long as I still had my wits about me - even in active wear. The final straw is that the polyester material generated enough static electricity to recharge my cell phone.

I finally found a pair of cotton blend pants at Old Navy for a steal. Now I just have to get Darlene to hem them and taper the hem (again - is it hem?) so I don't look like I'm Snoop Dogg's long lost 'cracka' cousin. YO!

No comments: