Saturday, September 23, 2006

I've already been asked for my autograph....

So, I made a quick reference to this already, but I've enrolled in an introductory acting class for adults. It's something I've wanted to try for a long time. This week was the first class. Most of the night was occupied with introductions and ice breaking activities, like learning each others names. It's amazing how quickly you can learn the names of 19 new people when you use a good technique. Our first fun exercise was when we partnered up and each had to tell a 3 minute story from our day to the other. The goal was that the listener had to pay close attention to the story, so they could recount it in minute detail back to the teller, as if it had happened to them. It was a fascinating exercise. We closed out the evening by miming gifts to each other, which the group had to figure out what the gifts were.

I'm really looking forward to the next class.

Pic from a photo by Ende

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have a panic attack. I wish I could be the type of person who could enjoy doing something like that.