Sunday, October 29, 2006

And for what?

Hopefully you remembered to change your clocks last night (if Daylight Savings applies to you). I find this measure meaningless and detrimental. All it does for me is make it light out earlier in the morning (but not early enough to matter) and plunge my world into darkness earlier in the evening. To enjoy this questionable benefit, I must seek out and adjust every (non-computer controlled) clock, watch and other time piece in my home and try to sync them all up to the correct new time - twice in one year!

I would rather scrap Daylight Savings altogether. I'd prefer it got light later in the morning to reap a few extra moments of daylight on my drive home from work. Thanks to DST, I get to go to and from work in darkness........... YAY!!!

Update: As Jon ever so kindly pointed out, DST actually just 'ended', so I've placed my blame on the wrong culprit. Regular time BAD!! DST good! Nah, it just doesn't sound the same, does it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you at least have windows at work so you can see sunlight from your desk.

JM

Karl Plesz said...

There's about 40 feet from my cubicle to the nearest window. Not the best scenario, but at least I can see daylight.

Anonymous said...

We totally forgot. LOL! Jess was up and we said yeah sure go watch tv it's almost 7. Only it wasn't. EEK! Heidi