Friday, October 27, 2006

My thoughts on current politics

I've become disheartened over the direction politics has gone in North America (I can't speak for anywhere else). It seems that the ideals of many political parties and the people who represent them have become so weak, that they can no longer make a good argument just standing by their principles. Instead, almost every day we hear attacks on the opposing parties (usually the one that threatens most) and the people who represent them. It's one thing to illustrate why your platform is a better idea than opposing ones, but it's another to get personal and suggest that any other platform isn't patriotic, or moral. Politicians need to remember that there is no such thing as one set of values for everyone. Countries are made of people from every walk of life and every belief system. I value a politician who argues less about whether the laws of the land reflect their personal value system and focuses more on what needs to be done to make our world a better place to live. Not just for the well to do in our society, but for those who have yet to find their way.

It is why I believe in environmental responsibility, social equality and health and welfare for all. None of the ruling parties in North America have shown that they share this belief. Too bad....

My name is Karl and I approve this post.

No comments: