Saturday, February 17, 2007

Like a Karl in a music sampling store

I found a decent new source for test driving new music. It's called SeeqPod. The concept is dirt simple, this site seems to be scouring the web for music samples and making them available via search. Type in an artist's name, like A Northern Chorus (who have been recommended to me) and hit Search. Any hits are returned in the left pane, where you can click the green Add to Playlist arrow to queue them up. Then use the built in player to start listening to them. I've had this list of artists that were recommended to me getting out of hand, it was so long. SeeqPod has made it possible to start weeding this list down, after sampling a variety of new music - in many cases very obscure music.

Props!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty good site.....I searched for some artists that I have been listening to for years and found songs I never heard before.

I registered with them......now I can save playlists for next time I log in. :)

Ya done good again Karl...

JM