Sunday, February 11, 2007

No kids... no marriage

Here's an interesting tact. Make a government (Washington State) see the folly of banning same sex marriage under the pretence that marriage exists for the sole purpose of procreation by introducing an initiative that would make procreation a requirement for legal marriage. In other words, if marriage exists for the sole purpose of making babies, then people shouldn't be allowed to marry or stay married if they're not making babies. It's almost funny, but it is a serious issue.

2 comments:

junebee said...

I read Yahoo Answers when I want to waste time and I saw that article last week on a question. Sheesh. I don't even wanna get into it.

Anonymous said...

Since I live in WA state, I guess my husband and I will soon have to dissolve our marriage sense we don't intend on or are physically able to procreate if this initiative passes. Really, it's to confirm how ridiculous the ruling judge was on why they banned gay marriage based on the gay marriage amendment that was voted down last fall. Because the sole reason of marriage was to have children, yeah sure.