Thursday, March 29, 2007

100 things in 100 days - number 81

81. I don't like to wear jewelry.

I gave jewelry a chance, honest - I did. In my youth I tried the pendants, the rings, the bracelets. It did nothing for me. The only piece of jewelry I ever liked was a well crafted gold nugget ring that a former girlfriend let me wear (it was an heirloom). When we broke up, I wanted to keep it, but that wasn't going to happen. I even searched in vain for a replacement, but this ring was one of a kind. That ended my affair with jewelry of any kind (I don't count a watch as jewelry). I don't dislike jewelry in general, I just don't like wearing it - it doesn't feel right.

It shocks some people to know that I don't even wear a wedding ring. That's not because I don't want people to know I'm married - I just don't like any kind of jewelry.

No comments: