Sunday, April 15, 2007

Babel.................. I liked it

So I finally got around to watching the movie Babel. If you ever saw Crash, it was similar in premise, except with a slightly more International flavour. I know a few people who didn't really know what to make of this movie. It was a nice exploration of how people touch other lives in the most unexpected ways. It didn't have a Hollywood ending, but that's part of why I liked it. I also liked seeing Japan featured in yet another movie.

Darlene didn't get why they bothered casting Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett for such relatively small parts, but it seemed OK to me.

2 comments:

yoo hoo said...

We saw this movie and the thing that came across to me more than anything was how innocent all the actions were and the result of the unintended consequences. I liked this movie,and I like Crash. Have you seen Memento, that's a good one too.

Karl Plesz said...

Indeed I have seen it. And it was good.