Saturday, April 28, 2007

This sucks

So..... ummm........ one minor thing that happened while in Vegas was that one of my shoes self destructed on the inside and unbeknownst to me, the torn shoe fabric had immobilized my right big toe. It started to get sore on our last walk on the strip, but I tried to ignore it. Bad idea. It swelled and now it's in bad shape. I spent 3 hours in a clinic and I have to spend the next 2 or 3 days with my foot elevated and wrapped in Epsom salts, while on an antibiotic regimen.

Which means I can't sit at the computer. Good thing I have a laptop!!!! (Darlene is surely rolling her eyes right now). Anyway, I hope this heals fast.......

I'm not even going to bother trying to find a picture to capture what's going on right now, because that would just be gross. But at least I've got your imaginations working overtime, eh?

4 comments:

Gale said...

Ouch! Hope you get better soon.

Anonymous said...

would these shoes be the doc martens?

Dvd

Karl Plesz said...

Yeah it was the Docs. I may have to change my position on these shoes, as this particular pair weren't that old (but they did have daily use). Or they may just be lemons. Too soon to tell.

Why do you ask DVD? Know something I don't?

Anonymous said...

No just in one of your posts you said how great they are. I needed some new shoes, so I tried on a pair. hated them just were not comfortable for my feet . I ended up buying a pair of Clarks Air Borne. They have all leather uppers and leather footbeds and lining. I have found leather linings are superior to cloth for the problem you had when the cloth lining disintigrates

Keep your foot up

Dvd