Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Homework............ [gack]

There's a movement starting (by people who know) against...... homework!

I know, I'm as shocked as you are. Actually, I was waiting for this day to come long ago. I never liked homework. I never 'got' homework. Not because I was lazy, but because I felt that if you didn't 'get it' in class, what on earth made anyone think you'd 'get it' after poring over boring old textbooks and assignments. You either got it, or you didn't.

As a student, I never studied. Ever. I felt it added undue stress and didn't really help my ability to remember or understand anything. If I didn't get something, I asked for another explanation or a second opinion.

To Sara Bennett - I salute you...........

Suddenly, the song School's Out by Alice Cooper crept into my head...... go figure.

No comments: