Friday, September 21, 2007

I made it!

London - Karl is in da house! I have waited so long to pull this off and I finally made it.

We got to Heathrow earlier than expected today, so I dumped luggage in my room and made for the Tube to conquer London. What a place. Talk about cultural melting pot. It's awesome! Every brand has a store here. The biggest eye opener for me was Selfridge's. It's kinda like Harrod's. They have a food hall..... basically a deli / grocery store surrounded by mini restaurants and food kiosks. It's like shopping the world for food. I've never seen half the stuff they were selling there before. I had to try something, so I bought a piece of coconut burfi. It was delicious. This store had more kinds of tea than you could count. I stuck to the shopping district along Oxford and Regent, between Piccadilly Circus and the Marble Arch (pictures on Facebook). Tomorrow, I'm going back into town to ride the Big Bus and see the sights.

So far, I love the place.

No comments: