Sunday, September 16, 2007

Playing tourist in Portsmouth

Today I visited Portsmouth. It's a well known Navy port and I took lovely pictures and put them on Facebook in an album called a day in Portsmouth. How fitting eh?

So how was it? Pretty awesome. I was particularly impressed by all the folks in period garb at the historic dockyards. As luck would have it, there was a special display going on today, so there were lots of displays to see that wouldn't normally be there.

After the dockyards, I wandered down to Gunwharf Quays, a huge dockside shopping and entertainment complex and the site of Spinnaker Tower.

While there I got a chance to finally check out something I've been hearing so much about - a carvery. Carveries are all about meat. Roast beef, pork or turkey are the centerpiece of every meal you can get. Gunwharf Quays have a mini carvery kiosk. So I enjoyed a scrumptious roast turkey baguette. We need to get us some carveries in Canada........

No comments: