Saturday, September 15, 2007

This place is just weird

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this (like price or something task-difficulty related) but I noticed that at my delightful old hotel in Bournemouth, the waste (drain) pipes for the suites' bathroom sinks and tubs are on the outside of the exterior walls. They're not sealed either. I only noticed this because as I was exiting the hotel to the car park (parking lot), I passed a foaming pile of soap suds (I dare you to find that phrase anywhere on another blog - huh?) on the path leading out the back door of the hotel. Puzzled, I looked around for the source of the suds and traced it to a waste pipe coming down the outside wall from one of the bathrooms in an upper floor suite. From the sound of the rushing water flowing through the pipes, I presumed that someone was emptying their tub, which had likely been filled with very soapy water and it was foaming out an air vent for the pipe.

Looked funny as hell, but it took me a bit by surprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you google "foaming pile of soap suds" your post is the only one with out the quotes firechief.com beats you out for first spot.

you dared I was bored

Dafydd