Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We're so silly

Darlene and I were being totally silly last night and started asking each other some ridiculous questions. Feel free to jump in at any time....

Why don't they sell turkey eggs? Wouldn't they be huge? Isn't that a plus? We have eggs from other types of fowl - why not turkeys? Are turkeys too valuable as roasts to be used as a source of eggs? Do their eggs taste bad?

We get milk from cows, goats, sheep, yaks, horses, donkeys, reindeer and camels. Why not bison? I have yet to come across bison milk, yet we readily agree to kill them for their meat. Are they too rambunctious to affix a milking machine to?

Speaking of milk, I've always wondered - how do baby elephants nurse? Do they use their mouths or their trunks? Maybe a combination of both? I dare you to visualize that and keep a straight face. Darlene seemed to think the trunk would get in the way.

Enquiring minds want to know.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real Mozzarella is made from Buffalo milk so I guess they can be milked I know you said bison but close enough in my opnion

Dvd

Anonymous said...

And another answer

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a980306b.html


Dvd