Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Allow me to vent

I seem to have entered into a war of wills with my garbage collection service crew. I suffered no garbage collection for 2 weeks just a while ago and had to complain. I was out of space in my garbage cans - I had to do something. The foreman got back to me and informed me that he had collected my garbage and the reason it wasn't collected is because there had been a van blocking access. I knew what he meant because contractors had been working next door and had been parking in the alley, so they weren't lying. But I also mentioned in passing that a single van wouldn't have been enough to totally block access to my cans. Darlene thinks that started a war. This week (week 3) they didn't pick up the garbage again. This time Darlene saw them pass us by while picking up everyone else's garbage. So I called again. I brought up the last complaint from last week. When I got home from work today, the garbage was gone and someone attached a reflective 'garbage' sign on the wooden box our cans are kept in. As if the garbage crew didn't recognize the bin for what it was.......

In the past, they have also been known to not put the lids back in the bin, which of course causes them to blow away when wind gusts come up (which happens a lot in Calgary).

Bastards.

2 comments:

yoo hoo said...

They sound lazy and mean too.

For the record I love your blog and the interesting things that you bring up, I'm amazed that I don't see more comments. Perhaps you have a lot of lurkers?

Karl Plesz said...

Thanks for your continued support. And I think you're right. I have many readers who don't comment a lot. But at least I have readers.