Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It plugs in!

I was just watching the Rick Mercer Report (for my American friends - a kind of Canadian Daily Show - but weekly) and Rick showcased a Canadian electric car company, Zenn. Turns out that this car is selling like hot cakes around the world (including the US), but we can't buy them here because of government red tape.

Message to Zenn: I will gladly drive your car and tell the world all about it. Blog, news, papers - they'll all know about it by the time I'm done. Just cut me a good deal, hey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a matter of time before the red tape clears. This is one of the better ways of effectively storing electricity for feeding back into a city's power grid, which should ultimately drive down peak demands on generating electricity and therefore reducing pollution. It will take time to bring in the technology and change regulations, but I would bet on it happening in the next few decades.

Interestingly: this approach could actually make money for the car owner as well. Check this article out.