Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Starck mess

I'm obsessed - with watches. I'm sure I've mentioned that before. I know I have also mentioned my disdain with the Bay (an iconic Canadian department store), the sole, exclusive distributors for The Starck line of Fossil watches in Canada.

Today, I passed through the Bay in one of our malls and decided to go check out the Starck display. What I saw made my blood boil. They had watches - oh yes! At least 10 of them, which is a far cry better than what I had ever seen before. But while 3 watches were hanging on their little display hooks in the display box, the remaining watches (I'm guessing at least 8 of them) were literally piled on the bottom of the box - like so much cheap garbage. I called Darlene over to see what I had witnessed and she just burst into laughter. I wish I'd had a camera.

Hey Fossil! You've got to see how your exclusive Canadian retailer is putting your $200+ watches on display....... Yes, the same watches that are only around $100 in the US.

No comments: