Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Is the mall the right venue for real estate?

There's a feature in malls (at least where I live) that makes no sense to me - the real estate kiosk.

I don't know about you, but when I think about buying or selling a home, I think - head for the mall.

Maybe it's just me, but I notice one thing in common about every listing collected at the kiosk - the interior decoration leaves a few things to be desired. Even the listings showcasing acreages with multi-million dollar lovely log cabin-esque properties feature furniture and accoutrements from the 1970s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real Estate is a business just like any other. It's simple about branding, marketing & getting exposure. If the agent working the kiosk is on the ball, he/she will be able to identify which "curious lookers" are ready, willing & able to buy and will gain a client in the process. Most people who decide they are ready to buy or sell probably don't immediately think of heading to the real estate kiosk in the mall. Just like most people don't run to McDonald's everytime they see a McDonald's commercial on TV. However, if you go to the malls often enough, real estate...or a certain real estate company may be subconscious. If these companies didn't get results there wouldn't be any mall kiosks.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I think one of the stranger things I have seen in a mall kiosk is the Tupper Ware kiosk. Perfect if you like the product but HATE those damn parties.