Monday, January 21, 2008

Could we be looking at neighbours' underthings again?

While imposing certain aesthetic rules in neighbourhoods helps maintain a certain image, which may (or may not) help property values, the ban on clotheslines perhaps went too far. Well, Ontario at least is taking another look at this ban, considering that drying your clothes courtesy of Mother Nature can reduce emissions and save a little on your electricity bill.

I have no idea if they are banned in Calgary...... but I don't see many of them.

2 comments:

yoo hoo said...

Really! Huh, a clothes line ban, I've never heard of such a thing...I just thought it was called laziness.
I love the smell of sheets dried outside on the line, which makes me wish on occasion, that I had a clothes line.

Anonymous said...

...if that don't jerk the rag off the bush!