Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stupid... ankles

So, for the umpteenth time (I've lost count), I injured my ankle. I was at work Friday and I guess I somehow caught the edge of a raised floor tile (I spend most of my work days in a large computer lab) and tripped, lost my balance momentarily and managed to turn my ankle sideways, placing my entire weight on it. For a second, it produced a pain that I just cannot describe. It was funny to watch everyone's reaction, because they likely only saw the look on my face, but had no idea why I looked like that, having incurred the injury below their line of sight.

Anyway, I tried to minimize the damage once I got home by icing it, but of course it swelled like a little balloon and now is turning a nice shade of purple. I don't know what it is about my ankles - I've turned them like this many times. All I can say is...... it's annoying. This is the main reason why I don't skate.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Something tells me you don't ski either.....hope you heal up fast Karl.

yoo hoo said...

Let us know if you need crutches,we have two pair. Not funny!

Karl Plesz said...

You're right Jim, I don't ski either.

Bernie May said...

It's a beauty too. Karl came by my pen yesterday afternoon to show it off. The bruise is big enough it brought along its own sweater.