Saturday, March 15, 2008

Double trouble at the Moose

Last night I got to usher at Loose Moose for a double header event - Ben Hur at 8pm and Blind Date at 10:30pm.

Ben Hur meets Loose Moose is funny just thinking about it - no? It didn't disappoint. 5 regulars playing every part in the production is even funnier. Some of the sight gags will leave you gasping for air. Even Jesus makes an appearance. As does God...... well, sort of. Ben Hur stars Dave Lawrence, Dave Ware, Imanuella Lawrence, Michael Roik, and Rob Mitchelson. You can bet on audience participation too. The show plays every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8pm until the end of March (the regular theatre sports shows and such are on hiatus until April).

Blind Date was the show I was most looking forward to seeing once I found out about the premise. Genius improviser Rebecca Northan (a Moose alumni currently based in Toronto) plays Mimi, a Parisian girl on a blind date. Except that her date doesn't show up. Would you like to take their place? You could. Then Mimi will take you on an intimate journey through your lives together. It's brilliant! And man, did she deliver. I was blown away. I'm aching to reveal more details, but it would spoil the magnificent and uproarious surprises that await you. I'm telling you right now - if you get out to see one show this month, go and see Blind Date. It plays every Friday and Saturday until the end of March. If you're Rebecca's kind of guy, she will be very glad to see you.

Go to the Loose Moose site for more information.

Rebecca: If you could furnish me with a promotional small pic of the event, I'd love to post it in this post to add some visual. kplesz is my username at hotmail. [smiling]

No comments: