Sunday, March 09, 2008

It was plus 12C today......

When Darlene and I got home from supper tonight, I parked in the garage, next to my scooter. It looked so lonely there, at the back of the garage. It begged to go for a drive..... even just a short one.

So I pulled it out and coaxed it into starting, then told Darlene that I was just going to take it to the gas station to fill it up. I'm looking forward to the day when I can take it out every day (weather-wise).

And no........... I did not write this post specifically to taunt those living in Ontario / Quebec, who received yet another walloping of snow this weekend. Not specifically..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes because that would be cruel...Jess and I spent 3 days stranded in Toronto on the way home from Mexico after the big storm Saturday. heidi

Karl Plesz said...

Youch! Sorry to hear that. Did you at least do anything fun while you were stuck there? The roads were that bad huh?

Anonymous said...

not so much bad roads..sunday was fine, but every train ticket was sold, no rental cars left...no bus tickets. Air Canada booked us a new flight for TUESDAY so we finally got a train ticket for Monday. They don't pay for your hotel either. Westjet DOES!! Too bad we were flying AC. No more, I tell you.