Friday, April 11, 2008

There ya go....... pundits

The Montreal Canadiens have a proud, long, storied history in the NHL. They'll be celebrating their 100th anniversary in 2009. They're my home team (where I was raised) and even though I haven't lived in Montreal since 1979, they're still my favourite team and hockey is the only sport I watch. In fact, my allegiance during playoff time is Montreal, then if they're out - then any Canadian team..... except Toronto [chuckle].

I still remember the sports pundits at the beginning of this season predicting that Montreal would be lucky to get into the playoffs (note the lack of Montreal appearing in their lists).

Behold... the final standings for the East in 2008.....
(trimmed to only show those that made the playoffs)

Yes.... you can consider this an official 'pppthhbbbbt' in your general direction.

2 comments:

ZooooM said...

I heart ice hockey. The team I root for is the San Jose Sharks. Even though I hate the color "teal". And never lived anywhere near San Jose. But really? I just like watching grown men fight over the puck like girls. I am a simpleton.

Stanley Cup brings all the televised ice hockey I can ingest, and then some. YAY!

Karl Plesz said...

Actually, I live in Calgary now, so you can imagine most folks here are Flames fans. I predicted that San Jose would win the series in 6 games, which of course, did not go over very well amongst my Calgary hockey loving brethren.