Sunday, June 08, 2008

Dream big

If I won a significant lottery sum (several million significant), I think I know what I'd like to do.

Buy (or build) a large modern home on the ocean (must have a beach) in northern Oregon and turn it into a B&B or small boutique hotel. Darlene and I would live there and run it. We would invite our friends and family to work there, making their own contribution to the running of the place. I would cook part of breakfast every morning. My speciality is Pan fried potatoes with onion and bacon. People would wake up to the smell of them cooking and race for the kitchen. Some folks would stay at our place just to get at those potatoes.

It's my dream..... let me enjoy it.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Would you include some homemade pancakes too? With strawberries and whipped cream ....

Karl Plesz said...

Well... Darlene loves a good homemade buttermilk pancake, so I'd say that'll definitely be on the menu.

yoo hoo said...

Karl, WE want to have a bed and breakfast....maybe we can create our own network of 'really cool bNb's'?

Karl Plesz said...

No objection here......