Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Top albums by sales

Supposedly (no source available, sorry) the top 10 best all-time world-wide selling albums are:

1. Thriller, Michael Jackson - 108 million copies
2. Back in Black, AC/DC - 42 million copies
3. The Bodyguard soundtrack, Whitney Houston/Various artists - 42 million
4. Their Greatest Hits, the Eagles
5. Saturday Night Fever, the Bee Gees/Various Artists - 40 million copies
6. Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd - 40 million copies
7. Bat Out of Hell, Meat Loaf - 37 million copies
8. Come on Over, Shania Twain - 36 million copies
9. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, the Beatles - 32 million copies
10. Falling Into You, Celine Dion - 32 million copies

I do own numbers 1, 2, 4 and 6. Number 3 must be a mistake.

3 comments:

Jim said...

You own Back in Black? I just cant picture you listening to Angus and the boys. Nice!

Karl Plesz said...

Are you kidding me? Back in Black is one of the best rock albums ever made! Hell, I taught networking using AC/DC. I used the opening to the song Back in Black to help explain what a preamble was in the context of network packets. How's that for combining geekiness with rock?

Jim said...

Thats friggin outstanding.....I agree with you on one of the best albums ever. Tim and I saw them on their Ballbreaker tour, have your seen them live?