Monday, December 29, 2008

The logo doesn't match the name though

It seems that Google Chrome (the browser) has fixed many of its flaws. Now that it's out of beta, I figured it probably would be better behaved. So I'm using it again - without issue so far.

One issue I do have with this new software - it's called Chrome, right? Look at the logo. Do you see any freaking chrome in there? I'm still analyzing the GUI of the browser - not seeing any chrome on there either......

Zoom zoom! (Sorry, that's trademarked) Vroom vroom!
P.S.: I know where the name comes from, in case you felt like enlightening me.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where does the name come from?
I have been using it quite a bit for the last few months and I like it a lot. A few problems with video and plug ins though

Mitch

Karl Plesz said...

The name is derived from the graphical user interface frame, or "chrome", of web browsers.

Chromium is the open source project behind Google Chrome, and is released under the BSD license. It implements the same feature set, but has a slightly different logo.

[from wikipedia]