Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Touch my lobe"

I apologize in advance. Although I ushered and got to attend the final performance of A Chrismoose Carol last night, I also discovered that my littlest camera doesn't do so well in low light, action shots without flash (duh!). But I did manage to salvage one picture from near the end of the performance.

Anyway, I've blogged about this yearly holiday spectacle before. Each year brings a new twist on the show as they always have a new theme - this year was the 'dirty thirties' (as in the era, not the age). So there were plenty of references to that time period, including nods to the Godfather and more. But there were even elements thrown in for good measure (?) that caught me by surprise, such as an appearance by Tommy Douglas (the founder of the Canadian health care system) and Mao Tse-Tung, who complained that there were no ping pong tables, uttering such lines as 'the Mao the merrier'. They managed to sneak in a couple of Mexican wrestlers (luchadores) for comic relief.

Seriously, if you didn't get a chance to see them yet, mark December off on the 2009 calendar to make a date with Ebeneezer Scrooge and the gang, because they sell out most nights and it's no wonder why.

The post title is another reference to the dialogue in the play.

No comments: