Monday, January 19, 2009

Soon, I will have competition for most talkative house occupant

Our grand-daughter has moved in with us, while her parents save and search for a new place to live now that they have relocated to Calgary. The good news for us is that we get to spend copious amounts of quality time with this gorgeous young soul. The great news for me is that I finally get to experience the joys of watching a baby grow up. You see, I only came into Darlene's daughter Lee-Anne's life when she was already 9 years old. So I missed out on the baby period, the toddler period. So having Olivia around allows me to capture the joy of infant development once and for all. And for that I am very grateful.

For the moment, Olivia is gracing us with her very vocal babblings, head bobbing side to side as if she's singing. All I can say is - look out world when this girl learns to speak English....

No comments: