Sunday, November 15, 2009

Imagine this

I imagine that sooner or later the technology will exist in which our minds can be read by a computer. Although I'm sure some folks will have dreamt up some evil use for such a technology, I'm curious about something different.

I'm interested in the concept of creating art. One thing I've often wondered, is how different the world would be if you didn't have to manifest the art that is in your mind using your hands, because often, that's the stumbling block. Many of us could probably produce artistic masterpieces, but have never figured out how to turn the masterpiece visible in our mind into one on canvas, or on paper. Or in metal or in clay. Or on skin. Even music.

So I look forward to the day when we can imagine a creation, then a computer can read that imagined thought and help us to do the rest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If our interior landscape becomes too attractive we may not surface, ever, regardless of the computer help.

Anonymous said...

If art became so easy, what would that do to the value we place on it? Hmmm.

Karl Plesz said...

Now that my friend, is a very good question.