Friday, February 19, 2010

"And no message could have been any clearer"

So I finally got around to seeing 'This Is It' - you know - that documentary made about the Michael Jackson tour that was being prepared before he passed away?

So, there was absolutely no chance I was ever going to get to see MJ in concert even while he was still with us. So it was nice to get a glimpse of the guy rehearsing for the big concert he was planning for London. It was also nice to see the performance where only crew and dancers were cheering him on as opposed to the thousands of delirious, screaming fans that would have drowned out the subtle sounds of the music and singing. For me, it was basically MJ intimate and interactive. And that was nice.

The world has lost a great artist, never mind the quirks and intricacies of his personal life. I am grateful for having had the opportunity to get a look at his work up close.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did see him in concert, and I have to say, it was goooood. That guy had charisma and talent. His brothers-not really so much. I enjoyed This Is It, sort of guiltily because he wouldn't have wanted us to see the rehearsals. He was a perfectionist. But, as you say, it was a treat to see the intimate moments. Heidi

Anonymous said...

Have you heard Captain EO is returning to Disneyland?