Tuesday, February 16, 2010

She calls me 'Pa'

Olivia (our grand-daughter) is starting to build a vocabulary of actual words now. Words like hi, bye, nighty-night, ball, cool, cold, nose, OK, wow, yes, no... you know the drill. But she absolutely made my life when she came up to me, with a joyful smile on her face and for the first time said, "Hi Pa." (Her names for Darlene and I are Nan & Pa).

I don't know if this is significant, but she exhibits two traits that we find fascinating. She can act like a veteran, switching into the saddest face, then smiling instantly as if to say "a-ha!" She also exhibits very organizational behaviour. She is very smart that little girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and how are those French lessons going, Mon Pa-pa? Retro

Karl Plesz said...

One language at a time. Let's get her through some basic English dialogue before we start on Le Français...